MUSIC

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1


  1. Transportation might be a problem if we do out-of-school activities but I'm sure I'll either be able to drive and have my car by then or at least be able to get a ride. Other than that, I have reliable internet, two computers, and a smartphone. If all that fails, then I have great friends that will help me out.
  2. This past summer I went to a business leadership camp at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, New York. I learned the basics of business and economics as well as what it takes to make it in the world of business. This camp was attended by about 50 other high-school juniors from around the country. I learned a ton there and made me seriously consider majoring in some type of business in college. It opened my eyes to the opportunities, and money, that can be made. A lot of the business and economic concepts are based and derived off of human nature, which made it much easier to understand. I did learn how to brand myself and make myself stand out and be more memorable, crucial skills when meeting someone in power such as a future employer. 
  3. I'm excited for all the networking we're going to do and doors that those connections will open. I am looking forward to having an intelligent conversation with you and my peers. I'm a bit afraid of Shakespeare because I have always found archaic language a little tough to read and comprehend. I'm also a little worried about memorizing poems or soliloquies or monologues, since I usually procrastinate way too much on that. I vow to change that... tomorrow. 

No comments :

Post a Comment