MUSIC

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HAFTA/WANNA

I'm glad I'm graduating high school. It was bullshit. I learned a tremendous amount, I'm in no way bashing the teachers or the education I got. Public education isn't that bad... but I digress. I'm glad I'm getting out of this town full of superficial people who only care about status and the material and how they only seem to talk about such mundane and asinine subjects such as how shitfaced they got at that party last weekend. I do realize that the world is full of people like this, but at least in the real world, they'll be easier to avoid. Honestly, I'll keep in touch with like ten people from high school. The good, close group of friends that actually kept it real with me and helped me learn and grow throughout these past four years. Maybe I'm just bitter because those pretty girls never gave me a shot just cause I wasn't on the football team (even though I was Sophomore year). But it's true. They ride on their high-horse of popularity and DGAF attitude when it comes to school/education, only to see it bite them in the ass when senior year hits and they realize that high school was the apogee of their lives. Yeah, I come off as condescending, so what? It's the bitter truth that no one wants to hear. Just the other day, I actually read a Vice article on this exact same topic (can be found here). A passage that really stands out to me is when a popular high school cheerleader and her pompous ego gets crushed by the sad reality of the real world: that she is an insignificant no-one and that her previous social status meant squat. 
There are lots of people like you. You got all the love and praise in high school, and it went to your head. You think you’re better than everyone, but guess what? You’re not there anymore. Nobody cares that you were cool in high school. No one knows you were popular, no one knows you dated the quarterback, and no one would care if you told them. Because here, in the real world, you are just another person, and acting like that makes you a shitty person.


No comments :

Post a Comment